Blog Description

Every day is a syllable in the long journal of my life-As I anticipate it’d be long. I explore every purview to slowly unwind myself from the Intricate Fragments I ‘am tied onto. Words make my life and my life adds a pristine meaning to the words. I may not be an epitome, But, I sure am a short- stout girl who has a breathtaking love affair with Papers and Pens. It may not be the best romance, yet it would be noticeable.

Follow Me.

Icon Icon

Tuesday 27 November 2012

A star on my lap.



I reminisce those gloomy childhood days when I was left unaccompanied against plots of my friends who had siblings. I always felt like I was an outcast. I had no one to play with, no one to bout, no one to trade stationaries and clothes with. Mom and dad would stay all day at work and when they’d come back they’ll stick to their business– I never got to jest with them either. My Grandpa and Grandma were too old to run after me and play. I stayed aloof and blue all day. I always wished I had a sibling to beat-up, to cry with, to play with and I also craved for someone to bear my weight.
After the heart-rending demise of my grandpa I was left with nothing but soreness. I only wished I had him back yet again. And then 6 months later Mom asked me to tag along with her to the doc she asked me if I’d be okay-if she told me she was pregnant. Tears trundled down my cheeks; I was full of life to know I’d finally have a baby brother. All I said was “I’d be the gladdest– But you have to assure me that you’ll tell the world I’m half his mom.” Those Nine months I spent canoodling her bump, I installed baby bump (An app that demonstrates  the fetus–Growth, Weight, Appearance) on my phone, I devotedly read holy legends and math formula’s for the baby, I always knew it was a boy– consequently I kept showing mom pictures of cars and always kept her up late nights for football matches!
And then god, on 18th of October blessed me and my family with this amazing tiny bale of joy!
Talaank- He means more than what you call world to me. Today I kept pondering on the idea of my next blog post with him on my lap. I asked him should I tell everyone about you? He gave me a smile–one that costs a zillion bucks!
He is an honor to have….I love him to enormity.
P.S. Another brother I'am truly blessed with is Tapas ( My first cousin) he's the most vital part of my life. Him and Talaank are people I can happily die for. I will feature him next week(:




                                                                                                           Sainidhi Iyer


12 comments:

  1. I want Talaank to read this when he grows up.
    This is one of the most beautiful things I've read in years.
    Too cute and heart warming.
    :')

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG that is so cute Sainidhi. I loved how you wrote about Talaank!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chavi,
      Thank you so much...You are very kind:)

      Delete
  3. Beautiful... as a poet I can appreciate well chosen/written words. I agree this is so very moving. Human. Compassionate. I hope you will keep writing for everyone to enjoy. And write a lot of books too...just like this, OK?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure uncle Tim...I definitely will...I have found a great supporter in you and I will for sure excel if I have people like you boosting my spirit :)
      Thanks :)

      Delete
  4. wonderful :) nice to see this post .. :) ... i knw how much u love ur brother Talaank , but i didnt expect this post .. ur brother looks very cute ... I can assure that he has a great future. Coz he has a great sister like u.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Dinesh :)
      that's really kind of you...

      Delete
  5. Hi! This post is so sweet and lovely! With your beautiful words, you truly made me feel how much your little brother means to you. He is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. D'awwwwwwwww this is super adorable.. :D Specially loved the part abt the bump-care and special attention to car pics...superb :D Talaank is very very lucky :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Talaank.
    .....
    This line is tapped so let me make it short.
    .....
    I have been looking for you as much as you've been looking for me.
    .....
    You're the One...Neo, sorry Talaank, you're the One Talaank.
    .....
    You're here bcoz you know something.
    .....
    You cannot tell what it is, but you can feel it.
    .....
    Something is wrong with your Akka, isn't it ? You've wondered all these years.
    .....
    No matter what she says to you the Truth is that she loves you above all.
    .....
    And I'm not even saying this bcoz it is her blog.
    .....
    The Oracle has spoken so.
    .....
    Morpheus

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template by Clairvo