Blog Description

Every day is a syllable in the long journal of my life-As I anticipate it’d be long. I explore every purview to slowly unwind myself from the Intricate Fragments I ‘am tied onto. Words make my life and my life adds a pristine meaning to the words. I may not be an epitome, But, I sure am a short- stout girl who has a breathtaking love affair with Papers and Pens. It may not be the best romance, yet it would be noticeable.

Follow Me.

Icon Icon

Monday 26 November 2012

Ransom of Souls – The Martyrs.


An accolade to the victims of the 26/11 bombings in Mumbai, India.



Martyr– a departed soldier is that all, the soldiers step into a bloodbath with a qualm of death,
Did we think of those whom fears have vexed, those whose loved ones have wept, who begged a life till their last breathe?
 To bring their existence to test and to glimpse demise abreast.
The agony they felt and violence to which they knelt,
 aren't those ordeals a victim dealt?
Think of a family who went there for rest,
 another group of youths who went there for a quest,
 a lass who went shopping to look her best– They did not event think they’d be shot dead.
 It’s a life they gave in ransom to cruelty and terror,
they said adios although it wasn't their error.
If I pronounce a martyr my heart would cripple of pain,
 I’d call them not victims but martyrs of arcane– who drank ounces of bane to give no strain to the others in vain.
 The soldiers to me are martyrs too but along with them they have a few who deserve the value,
 To do them through the sky in blue to the heavens let’s say they did good deeds over eleven.
                                                                                                                             Sainidhi Iyer





7 comments:

  1. A very touching tribute to 26/11 Martyrs.
    R.I.P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If this is not going to touch the hearts of people It'll be my failure...
      R.I.P.

      Delete
  2. YOUR REPLY STAND HERE
    http://odetoransomofsouls.blogspot.in/
    PLZ DO CHECK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christin is an amazing writer...We have been friends for years now and she has made another blog-an ode to my poem...Please to visit her link it truly speaks of how Mumbaikars still remember that dark day- The day that martyred many...I feel touched...
      Do read her blog...
      Thanks Criss it means too much!

      Delete
  3. God! Superb. Very well written. RIP our martyrs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved the work...very very touching :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ur words are amazing as u urself are.
    They touched each corner of my heart as u do.

    love u work
    love u even more

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template by Clairvo