Blog Description

Every day is a syllable in the long journal of my life-As I anticipate it’d be long. I explore every purview to slowly unwind myself from the Intricate Fragments I ‘am tied onto. Words make my life and my life adds a pristine meaning to the words. I may not be an epitome, But, I sure am a short- stout girl who has a breathtaking love affair with Papers and Pens. It may not be the best romance, yet it would be noticeable.

Follow Me.

Icon Icon

Tuesday 13 November 2012

Vivid Luminosities – The lit lamp.



Tray full of oil lamps-Indian diyas.

Light has an extreme connotation in spirituality. Even normally we cannot think of spending a day starved of light. Light, furthermore is personified to be an embodiment of knowledge, enlightenment, advancement, success, zenith, happiness and wholly anything amusing and superior. Light has always had an inimitable status in every religion. Condoning the divine weightage of light, scientifically light has its own eminence!  Light is electromagnetic radiation that is visible to the human eye, and is responsible for the sense of sight.[1] Visible light has a wavelength in the range of about 380 nanometres to about 740 nm – between the invisible infrared, with longer wavelengths and the invisible ultraviolet, with shorter wavelengths. Science has oodles of theories based on Light. To name a few, Refraction-Radiation Pressure- Particle theory- Wave theory- Quantum theory- Electromagnetic theory.
Every festival more than sacred has an ethnic motive-Diwali the Hindu festival of lights has been associated with innumerable legends. It’s a festival when everyone lights a lamp all around their houses or at least compromise with one at the doorstep. Diwali is prevalently looked upon as a gala, recalling the memory of our heavenly king Ram’s return to his palace after an exile of 14 years with his wife Sita and brother Lakshman after slaying an evil king Ravana . All I kept thinking was why did people choose light? We have had many holy triumph epics and light particularly has been a part only of Ram’s victory! And now I do have an answer!
Diwali mostly comes around the scorpion zodiac. Scorpio (♏)is the eighth astrological sign in the Zodiac. It spans the 210-240th degree of the zodiac, between 207.25 and 234.75 degree of celestial longitude, an area which the Sun transits on average between October 23 and November 22 each year. In Sidereal astrology, the sun currently transits the constellation of Scorpio from November 16 to December 15 (approximately) being the calmest astrological time most devoid of any kind of orbit-fluxes, planetary shifts and the likes- It is supposed to be the time of year when cosmic energy is emitted in abundance. There are two ways to restocking the energy meditation (igniting the light within you): for the furtherance of our soul and inner-self and Lighting a lamp: to fill the milieu with lots of energy as the energy around up influences our behavior.
Me lighting my Diwali lamp-Diya
Primordially in India people conducted prayer meets the entire month of Kartik (In the lunar Hindu calendar, Kartika begins with the new moon in November and is the eighth month of the year except in Gujarat, where it marks the new year that falls on Diwali. In the solar religious calendar used in Tamil Nadu, Kartikai begins with the Sun's entry into Scorpio and is the eight month of the year.) In Ayodhya (Ram’s kingdom-Indian subcontinent) as people would not get a stint to sit and pray (for refurbishment of conventional energy till the next year) they would simply light an oil lamp and keep it at the doorway.
Hence, I request all my readers to light an oil lamp for the next two days as it may charge your environs up! And to all my readers from  India, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Myanmar, Mauritius, Guyana, Trinidad & Tobago, Suriname, Malaysia, Singapore and Fiji. I wish y’all a very Happy Diwali! Hope this bit of tiding astounded you and helped you know the significance of light. I light a lamp every day and I keep a candle burning in my prayer room round the clock it gives me a serine feeling. Next time you look at a lamp think –how much does it insinuate.
                                                               Sainidhi Iyer

7 comments:

  1. Wow! Nice and appreciable post over significance of Diwali Festival.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice post about the Diwali Festival thanks for sharing nice information............

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure...with your support I will keep delivering nice informative posts...Do follow me!

      Delete
  3. thanks for sharing this my young friend, as you know the world needs to be flooded with light. Thank you for doing your part. I appreciate your openness, and whole hearted way of doing things. There are a lot of things that old poets can learn from the young coming up! The world is yours. I know you will go and change it for thw better! Tim Kavi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your words are far too kind uncle Tim!
      Thank you for extending a deeply earthed support!
      I will never let your hopes down- M sure youngsters like me are doing their bit...
      Cheers.

      Delete
  4. Wow! Very nice post about the Diwali Festival ............

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template by Clairvo